Monday, 8 September 2014

Teardrops On My Guitar - Taylor Swift - Guitar Chords

Hey all!

Flashback to six years ago; Me and my family were all curled up on the sofa, searching for a movie that all of us could watch (for god's sake, I was five!) when my father suddenly stopped at MTV. There were some kind of awards going on - and there she was, Taylor Swift, performing solo in this pretty white dress, her hair in delicate curls. The volume was then turned up, and I could hear her clearly, though I only remember two lines, "He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/ The only thing that's got me wishing on a wishing star". So simple, though so dramatic.

Back to 2014 (!). Two days ago, while in total guitar lockdown mode, I remembered the song (!) and within two hours, I learned the lyrics, chord positions, and tempo (!!!!!). Today I played it for our music class and it went really well! (+Anusha Riaz!!!!!)
Anyway, here are the chords! Happy strumming!

Teardrops On My Guitar
                               - Taylor Swift

Tuning: Standard, Capo 3rd Fret
Tone: G
Tempo (Metronome): 99 - 100 BPM

Intro: G  Em  C  D 

(Verse 1)
G       Em        C       D
Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won’t see
G        Em                C            D
That I want and I’m needing, everything that we should be
Em                               C
I'll bet she’s beautiful, that girl he talks about
G                                            D
And she’s got everything that I have to live without


G       Em       C       D
Drew talks to me, I laugh cause it’s so damn funny
G        Em            C    D
That I can’t even see, anyone when he’s with me
Em                                C
He says he’s so in love,    he’s finally got it right
G                                       D
I wonder if he knows he’s all I think about at night


(Chorus)
G                                   D
He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
Em                                          C
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
G                              D                                              Em             C
He’s the song in the car I keep singing, don’t know why I do


(Verse 2)
G       Em         C     D
Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can’t breathe?
G                   Em                C
And there he goes so perfectly
                    D
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
Em                                       C
She’d better hold him tight,   give him all her love
G                                   D
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she’s lucky cause


(Chorus)
G                                   D
He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
Em                                           C
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
G                              D                                               Em          C
He’s the song in the car I keep singing, don’t know why I do


G  Em  C  D   x2


(Bridge)
Em                                C
So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light
G                                         D
I put his picture down, and maybe get some sleep tonight


(Chorus)
G                                             D
Cause he’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
Em                                  C
The only one who’s got enough of me to break my heart
G                              D                                               Em           C
He’s the song in the car I keep singing, don’t know why I do
               G                                       D      
He’s the time, taken up, but there’s never enough
               Em                             C
And he’s all that I need to fall into


G        Em       C      D                                     G
Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won’t see



xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,
Zoya

No comments:

Post a Comment