Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Peachy! (Smoothies)

I recently discovered (thank you, +Mahnoor!) that achool is starting on the 25th. This is a "WOOT WOOT!" because of my half-nerdedness. Bloody hell, not just 'cuz of my half-nerdedness, but because I'll be able to bake again, I'll have peace and quiet to practice my guitar (for those of you who don't know, my new ambition is to become a guitarist), and, most of all, my FRIENDS.

ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE THEIR YOUNGER/OLDER BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
Why, I have two of those too, but THEY'RE IN BOSTON!
Not that it's you guys' faults, Sanya, Faryal.

Anyway, besides bein' "All By Myself", I have, have, HAVE to beat this sweltering Pakistani heat! That's right, people! It's HI 99°, LO 86°; literally! Smoothies are still churning in this crib! Last year, I gave you guys a pomegranate-banana smoothie, but this time, we're keeping it peachy!

(Note: my mom freezes peeled bananas for anytime she wants banana bread, so I used one from that stash.)


Ingredients - serves 2
1 banana, peeled (see note)
2 chopped, pitted peaches, optionally peeled
1 cup Greek yogurt or other
6 ice cubes
A pinch of cinnamon (or more...) for garnish

Directions
Whirl everything except the cinnamon in the blender until smooth. Pour into two serving glasses and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately.

xoxoxoxoxoxox,
Zoya ♡

1 comment: