Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Flippin' Awesome Double Chocolate Frosting

Before we start, I would like to make an anouncemont; I have finished composing my own song! It's based solely on guitar and revolves around the G-major chord.

Last time, I gave all you amazing readers a recipe for the best chocolate cake I've ever had. Today, I'm makin' a match for it with this amazing deep, dark chocolate frosting you'll ever make. Mm-hm. Ever. And any baker worth her salt (no pun intended) should be able to throw together a dessert using this recipe. I used this to frost and fill (but ultimately covered with fondant) my sister's birthday cake, who is now *sniff* gone *sniff* back to *sniff* Boston *sniffedysniffsniffsniff*!

Enough said.



Ingredients

3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup melted chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup good-quality cocoa, such as Cadbury or Hershey's

Directions

In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, melted chocolate, vanilla, and cocoa on high speed for 3 minutes. Slowly beat in the milk and icing sugar. 

Tip: For real chocolate decadence, sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips over frosting if using as filling before adding second layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment