Sunday, 29 June 2014

Homemade Almond-fudge Clif Bars

Ramadan has begun this year, and our family started fasting today. Well, there's still another half hour till iftar, so IIIIITS POSTING TIIIIIIIME!
As some of you may know, my sisters are here from Boston to visit for three months, so they're fasting with us. One of them had a total meltdown when she figured out that Ramadan was near and she had finished her two crates of Clif bars. Ouch.
While I was whipping a up a batch of granola bars for myself, I thought, hey, why not transform these into Clif bars for her?

Perfect.

I was microwaving the honey and was about to add peanut butter, but subbed with some cocoa and chocolate. I also increased the amount of chopped almonds. And, voilĂ , I had myself Clif bars after 30 minutes in the freezer!
If you'd like, you can use Nutella instead of chocolate.

Ah. Fifteen minutes left till Iftari.


Ingredients
1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup melted chocolate or Nutella
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
Optional additions, such as chocolate chips or more nuts

Directions
Pulse the dates in a food processor until they become dough-like and sticky. Place the date paste, oats, and nuts in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, combine the cocoa, chocolate, and honey and add into the oat mixture.
Press into a foil-lined square pan and freeze for 30 minutes until harder. Cut into rectangles. These can be stord in the fridge for 3 weeks or in the freezer for months.

oxoxoxoxoxo,
Zoya

No comments:

Post a Comment