Friday, 23 May 2014

Graduation Cake Pops

My sister graduated this year from Northeastern University and came to Pakistan for a month to visit us. And she wanted to celebrate. Actually, my mom wanted to. No, it was me. No way! It was my other sister. No, it was... WHATEVER. 


Naturally, as soon as she announced that she was having a graduation party, I darted into the kitchen. However, someone insisted on ordering a cake from CK. As you may have guessed, I felt horrible. So I got to make cake pops instead :).




Ingredients
1 - 9×13 inch cake, flavor of choice, baked and cooled, crumbled
1 1/2 cups frosting
Chocolate for dipping
Ghirardelli sqares or other big square chocolate
Liquorice, frosting, or marshmallows for tassel

Directions
Mix together the frosting and cake until the mixture resembled play dough. Roll into balls. Dip one end of the cake pop stick into the chocolate and push about halfway into the stick. Do this to all your pops. Freeze for forty-five minutes.

Dip each pop into chocolate. Place a Ghirardelli square on each, creating a hat. Pipe, cut, or lace together tassels for the top. Let dry in a block of Styrofoam amd serve.

Zoya ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment