Sunday, 4 May 2014

Funfetti Cake Batter Frosting

Frosting usually appears less to me versus cake (thanks to Betty Crocker, with their disgustingly runny and gloopy 'frosting'), and though I do love cake, my favourite dessert is my recipe for chocolate chip cookies, I could devour a bajillion of these melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cupcakes. I mean, well, everyone loves frosting, I don't. Everyone can't get enough chocolate, I can. Everyone hates lentils, I love them. See? I'm very different.

Anyway, Anusha was here earlier today and I created this amazing frosting made with... wait for it... cake mix! Oh yeah. And this frosting is 10,000,000,000,000 times better than any cupcake.


Ingredients
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk (if needed)
3/4 cup Funfetti cake mix (you can use yellow and added sprinkles; either works)
3-4 cups powdered sugar
About 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles or rainbow sugar (optional if you’re using Funfetti cake mix)

Directions
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the softened butter and vanilla extract until creamy, about 1 minute. Add about 1/4 cup of the cake mix and beat in until incorporated. Gradually begin adding the powdered sugar, about one cup at a time, until a stiff frosting consistency is achieved. Thin out with a little milk – about a teaspoon or two – at a time if needed.

Once you have a nice stiff yet spreadable consistency, blend in the rest of your cake mix until combined. Again, use milk if you must to thin it out if it’s too thick. Blend in your sprinkles.

Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Garnish with additional rainbow sprinkles, if desired. You can never have too many sprinkles! Om nom nom nom nom!

xoxoxoxoxoxo,
Zoya 

1 comment:

  1. AHEM! Not EVERYONE hates lentils. I LOOOOVE them!

    ReplyDelete