Friday, 11 April 2014

Double Chocolate Cookies! Om nom nom nom nom!

I was going through my front-left brain (the one which is in control of all things food) last weekend while munching on Anusha's chocolate cookies (which were, of course, amazing) and thinking chocolate heaven.

Since I knew which recipe she used for the past six months, that is, since the time we became friends, I thought it would be meh because I hate Food Network. All their recipes are big flops. I tried a green velvet - disgusting. Sugar cookies - sour. And don't even get me started those horrible truffles. Which is why I didn't try these amazing cookies before.

I did make some tweaks to the original recipe, though, because it was a bit off. I suggest using Hershey's semi-sweet mini chocolate chips here, they taste AMAZING on these.


Ingredients
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (can easily be reduced to 3/4 cup) cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream together with a hand mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture and mix until combined. In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients and continue mixing until incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate the dough for an hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Once thoroughly chilled, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and slightly flatten. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned fron the bottom..
Remove to a wire rack to cool.
DEVOUR!!

Zoya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment