Sunday, 23 March 2014

Wake-Up Call Coffee Crunch Pancakes

Hey guys! First... I got a 92% average for this semester, lower than the 94% I got in the first. Aw, man! BUT half my results were wrong. So ha-ha. I should get a 95% or 96%! Well, long story. And my lowest was an 81 in handwriting. I didn't get and 70s, as always. YAAY!

Now, pancake flippin' time. I bet most of you love coffee, like me. (Though I am 11, but hey, I'm 5 foot 4 and still getting taller. And I only have it once a week.) You must have it for headaches, nausea, or just for the heck of it, or you can't live without it. You MUST have it in the morning to wake you up, or you might have tea. Just SOME form of caffeine. (How do I know this? Ahem, I have sisters 7 and 11 years older than me, and a mom who LOVES tea.)

Just like my mocha cupcakes, these pancakes may look innocent and tempting, but wait till you get that rich, intense coffee blast right there, on the spot. Have these with coffee to add an extra energy boost!


Ingredients
Any favorite pancake recipe (I recommend this or this.)
1 tbsp instant coffee granules mixed with 2 tsp boiling water
2 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped graham crackers
Peanut butter and strawberries, to garnish

Directions
Prepare pancake batter. Add the cocoa (if using) and coffee mixture.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Sprinkle on about 1 tbsp of graham cracker on each pancake while uncooked. Brown on both sides and stack with layers of peanut butter and strawberries. Serve up!

Zoya ❦

No comments:

Post a Comment