Friday, 28 March 2014

Tri-Flavor Mug Cake

Hmm... I'm overdoing it. I'm overdoing on carbonated water, mug cakes, and, most importantly, Zelda. Too much Zelda.
I have about four Zelda DS games, over 30 Link and Zelda backgrounds for my desktop, my tablet's wallpaper is Zelda, and whenever I play Super Smash Flash 2, you guessed it, I play as Zelda (YOU NEED TO TRY SUPER SMASH FLASH, IT IS THE BEST GAME ON EARTH).

I even incorporate Zelda into baking! Triforce cupcakes are my specialty. Shield marshmallows? On me. Triforce caramels? I'm on it. Hero's Bow cookies? You betcha. I'm even making a triforce sheild cake for my birthday!

These days, I never have enough time to go super intricate on Link, Zelda, and the Triforce. I need Zelda, and quick.
This afternoon, while hanging with Anusha, it went kinda like this.



Anusha- "Blah blah blah chocolate blah blah blah Zeeshan blah blah blah triple blah! Can you belive it?"
Zoya- (Not really paying attention) "Mmm-hmm."

She starts talking again, but I let my mind wander...
Huh, I thought. Triple. Tri. Tri... force. Triforce! Link... Zelda... Triforce, tri- flavor! Chocolate...

I yell, "I know what I'm gonna do today!
She's soooooo busy talking, she doesn't know what I said. "What?" she asked.
"Oh, nothing, nothing.."
"TELL ME!"
"Here we go..."

Anyway, once I got home, I thought, tri-flavor!
Wait, pause, TRIFORCE MUG CAKE! YES!


Ingredients
4 tbsp flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp peanut butter (heaped like mental)
1 tsp instant unsweetened espresso powder dissolved in 1/2 tsp boiling water
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips

Directions
Throw everything in a huge blue or yellow mug. Stir well. Microwave on high for about a minute until cooked.
Mix together 1 tbsp icing sugar, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1 tsp boiling water. Top with three small yellow fondant, chocolate or marzipan triangles Zelda triforce style. And you're done!

Zoya ❦

No comments:

Post a Comment