Saturday, 15 March 2014

Strawberry Buttercream Frosting

Hey guys! I'm so glad I have something to post now.
First off... EXAMS ARE OVER. AND WE DIDN'T GET SPRING BREAK. So unfair!

Second, yesterday I went to Anusha's house. Me, Armeen (Anusha's sister) and Anusha connected our DS's and played Mario-Kart. I won about fifty thousand times, and Anusha won once. Ha ha! And then she started being a bad sport.
We were going to make a mug cake, but the microwave was micro, there was no flour and they didn't have unsweetened cocoa powder, only sweetened. Man.

So after I went home, I collapsed and woke up at eleven. Then my uncle came to visit. I had made some vanilla cupcakes the day before, so I made some strawberry buttercream to top them.
This is really easy; it takes about five to ten minutes and only three ingredients!






INGREDIENTS
18-20 strawberries, frozen or fresh, but frozen is better
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup softened (not melted) butter

METHOD
Put the strawberries in a saucepan over medium-high heat and pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for a minute or until slightly softened. Drain.

Now you have two options, either pureƩ in a blender or food processor until smooth, or smash using a wooden spatula (recommended). Either way, strain.

Whip the butter until white and creamy. Add the powdered sugar in four additions. Don't worry if it's not coming together, too dry, or crumbly. Add the strained strawberry pureƩ. If needed, add milk, a teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.

Zoya♥

No comments:

Post a Comment