Saturday, 29 March 2014

Perfect Brownies + Honor Update!

Hey guys! (BTW, there's an Honor Update at the bottom of the page.)
So first, yesterday I hosted the Infant's Music Concert 2014 at school with Zeeshan (long story). Apart from the fact that he looked like a girl and hogging all the space in front of the microphone box, it went really good. When I was done, loads of teachers came to me and said that I was loud and clear, my accent was perfect and that I would host many more concerts. Yaay!


I think told you guys (or did I?) that my dad has gone to Dubai for a buisness trip. Well, he came back on Wednesday. I needed to make something for him, obviously. It took me HOURS to figure out what to make for him. I had a few clues, like that he hated chocolate but loved brownies and vanilla was his favorite. So my mom told me to make brownies.

The things Dad brought for me from Dubai! Plus some shoes :)
Once, when I was eight, I made some AMAZING brownies for my sister. Never again did I make brownies like those!
But yesterday, I came past these foolproof brownies!


Ingredients
10 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large cold eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans or chocolate chips or toffee bits or... (optional)

Directions
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (16o C). Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. (This helps when removing the baked brownies from the pan, once cooled).

Add enough water to a medium saucepan so that it is 1 to 2 inches deep. Heat water until barely simmering. Combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder and the salt in a medium heat-safe bowl. Rest bowl over simmering water (if the bottom of the bowl touches the water, remove a little water).
Stir mixture occasionally until the butter has melted and mixture is quite warm. Don’t worry if it looks gritty, it will become smooth once you add the eggs and flour.
Remove the bowl from heat and set aside for 3 to 5 minutes until it is only warm, not hot.

Stir in the vanilla and beat in the eggs, one at a time. When it looks thick, shiny, and well blended, stir in the flour and mix well. Stir in the nuts or chocolate chips or add-ins if using. Pour into your pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out almost clean (you want it to be a little moist with batter).

Cool completely (or just eat warm) and remove from pan. Cut into 16 squares.

                                            *                         *                            *

Oh, and Honor wants to give an Honor Update now. So, here she is!

Hey guys! Honor here now. I just got back from Saturday practice and it was sooo...!

1. What the microphone?
Fairy: (Very quiet without mic) Once there was a princess... hello? (Taps mic) Testing, testing? Hello? Miss, this mic isn't working!
Honor (backstage): Princess Hellotestingtestinghellothismicisntworking? That's a short name!
Andres: But that's my name!

2. Ahwhawhawha?!
Nick: Fi fie fo fum! I eat your hair!
Beauty: WHAT?!

Beauty: ...and we can get married!
Nick: MADROID?!
Honor: I think it's pronounced married or you're trying to say 'android'.
Nick: Phooey! To lo goo shoo fly pie!

3. iBug U!
(Last practice)
While Nick is exiting, Fairy adds a sprinkling of red carpet threads to his hair!
Nick: (not noticing it) Hello, family!
Cindy: Is your head bleeding?
Nick: But I'm still smart!
Tim: Not that, genius. (Takes the threads off) She means this!

Nick: !جس نے یہ کیا اس کا سر قلم ہو گا (Whoever did this will be beheaded!)
Honor: .مطلب تیرا (Yours.)
Nick: Be quiet!

(This practice)
Honor: (To Fairy) I hate Andres! He's so annoying!
Fairy: I'll take care of him for you.
Honor: What the-
Fairy: When the teacher isn't looking... NOW! (Throws a bit of cookie crumbs on Andres, which his his back)

Andres turns around and sees us playing Vortex, not throwing cookies.
Honor: Good one!
Fairy: How 'bout some more?
Honor: Oh yeah.
I crumble up some cookie and give it to her.
Honor: Go!

Andres is sitting on a bench with Tim. Fairy gets up and goes behind the bench pretending to be looking at some art projects, and while she's leaving, she throws them at him. I have to bite my lip so hard it made my eyes water to keep from laughing! When she comes back, we laugh so much our sides hurt!

That's all, folks!
Honor :)
Whoa whoa whoa, don't forget me!
Zoya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment