Thursday, 6 March 2014

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mug Cake

Hey guys! So, my finals for the second term are HE-ERE! Happy birthday to me :). Not like I care, though. I've ALWAYS been amazing at exams. Without studying.

My friends all tell me that if there is a weekly, they take off 20 minutes to study, 35 minutes for periodics/ althrough exams and 2-4 hours for finals. Yeesh. I do nothing forr weeklys, maybe 5 minutes sometimes or none for periodics/ althrough exams, and 30-60 minutes for finals. Because I always want my final grades to be THE best.

I had my Urdu and English composition exams today. Maybe 88-92 for English (92 is the highest you can get in composition) and 80s for Urdu. Cuz I suck at Urdu composition. Really badly.
But I have Urdu vocab, grammar and comprehension tomorrow. It's easy enough and I get 90s and 100s.

So since I have no worries after the exam at 12:30, I'm free. which means baking.
There was this problem with our kitchen sink, so I couldn't bake-bake. But I could microwave-bake. So I made a chocolate-peanut butter mug cake. I inserted headphones. And shared one with my mom. And this took five minutes!

♫ Louder, louder than the lion, cuz I am the champion, and you're gonna hear me PU-U-U-U-U-U-NCH Tutor...♫


Soooo gooey... soooo peanut butter-y!

Mmmmm... more chocolate chips!
Ya see that gooey melted chocolate in there? You know you want it!


INGREDIENTS
For the cake,
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons chocolate chips

For the mousse topping,
1 tablespoon softened cream cheese
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons whipped cream or cool whip
1 tablespoon powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS
Combine the butter and the peanut butter in the mug and mix well.
Add the vanilla, egg, and sugar until well combined. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder and add to the mug. Stir in the chocolate chips. If too thick, pour in a splash a milk. Put in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until desired doneness is reached (all microwaves are different so you might have to experiment a little. I only do it for about 1 minute 15 seconds). Top with peanut butter mousse and hot fudge.
For the mousse,
Mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream. Sift in the powdered sugar (I just used a fork) and fold that in too, trying not to over stir.

Zoya ❦
OR maybe I'm
Honor ❦
Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment