Sunday, 2 March 2014

Carrot Double Layer Cake

Hey guys! Zoya here. I don't know what's going on, I just keep getting sick. Honor offered to take over, but she is worse than me. Poor thing.

Anyway,  you know how parents like light flavours like vanilla over chocolate and fruit/nut over vanilla? Mine do.
My mom's birthday was last week, and she had asked me (like everyone always does) to make her a birthday cake.

"No frosting, no icing sugar, no fancy fillings and NO whipped cream," she said, "just a simple two layer cake with lemon curd for filling." Tough order. Tougher than the Monopoly cake I made for my cousin's birthday.

So I went to work. I scanned an entire list of cake flavours, as she didn't say which, to find some combos. Every flavor - from vanilla and chocolate truffle to apple-cinnamon and strawberry.

Ultimately, I ended up with, after eight hours of baking, this delicious carrot cake.


INGREDIENTS
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
A pinch of salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts

METHOD
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 180 degrees C.
Grease two round cake pans and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Fold in the flour mixture.
Pour your batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Frost with any cream cheese frosting. I didn't, though.

Zoya♡


No comments:

Post a Comment