Sunday, 23 February 2014

Vanilla Cupcakes

Hey guys!
So I have this... this... tradition, this thingie, an assigned day when I'm allowed to bake something for school. Every week. It's Sunday, basically, and I always wake up at 2 pm and go lazy style. I skip lunch, and bake instead. Fun, huh?
So the usual easy and portable goods are cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, or cookies and quick breads.
Flavor, you ask?
Which brings me to another point,
I don't really like chocolate...
I know, right?! It's just too overpowering for my taste.
Though I'm a weirdo veggie-and-broccoli monster. Chocolate just doesn't seem to work with me!!
Though I love vanilla! The scent, the simple scent.
Most people I know prefer vanilla, too.

Martha. The great Martha Stewart. She is... just awesome. The best. She has the best recipes EVAH. Hands down!
I use internet recipes as bases and build them up. As I did with this recipe.



INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk

For the vanilla frosting
1/2 cup softened butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk

DIRECTIONS
For the cake,
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).

Grease a 12- pan cupcake tin (or 36 mini tins, for mini ones, you might have to bake minis in batches of 24 or 12 each batch) or use paper liners. I recommend greasing because, hey, why waste paper?

Sift together the baking powder, flour, and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 2 minutes after each egg. This gives the finished product a lighter texture.

Add the milk and flour mixture in 2 additions for the milk and 3 for flour, starting and ending with flour. Be sure to sift it in, and do NOT overbeat.

Pour abour 3/4 tb of batter per tin. Shove it on the oven. Wash the dishes while you wait. They will be done very quickly.

For the frosting,
Beat the butter for 3 or 4 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar and milk to desired consistency.

Frost the cupcakes as desired. Serve up!

Zoya♡

1 comment: