Friday, 25 October 2013

THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER

Hey guys! We're back, and this time, I have a recipe- for perfect chocolate chip cookies! I've tried this recipe A MILLION TIMES and it always works. 
Like at my school bake sale- I was allowed to bring something to sell, so I used this recipe, and-you guessed it-It worked perfectly.
I found this recipe in a book called Sticky, Gooey, Messy, Chewy Treats for Kids by Jill O' Conner. I gave it a few tweaks here and there, and it was still perfect!



Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serves 18-24 depending on size

Ingredients:

1 cup oil or melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean (seeds only)
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda 
1 tsp salt
3 cups chocolate chips *DO NOT use chopped chocolate! It will caramelize the bottoms and make them burn!*

Method:

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy.
Add the vanilla, eggs and yolk.
Sift in the flour, salt, and baking soda.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Plop 1-2 inch balls of dough onto the baking sheets, leaving enough room for spreading.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F or 180 C for 5-8 minutes until they are golden brown on the edges and bottom but still slightly soft in the center.
Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving, or, burn your mouth! Fun!
Enjoy with a nice, tall glass of milk.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I really like the info on your blog. It helped me in baking.
    Thanks for the good work.
    Faisal

    ReplyDelete